Establishing meaningful and verifiable Greenhouse Gas reductions
The ClimateWise Reduction Framework is a carbon target-setting framework based on the global standard Green House Gas Protocol and lays out the emissions reduction criteria for ClimateWise members.
The framework is designed to generate meaningful carbon emission reductions, while still remaining accessible to the various types and sizes of businesses and organizations looking to implement a sustainability plan.
- Reduction types:
- Either Intensity or Absolute reductions. *With mandatory Absolute reporting. Info
- Reporting Boundaries:
- Must report all operations (buildings etc) in the ClimateWise area. *Reporting on operations outside the ClimateWise area is optional
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions reporting:
- Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions. Info
- Purchased Emission Reductions (i.e. offsets and credits):
- Maximum 49% reductions from offsets and Renewable Energy Credits (RECs). *Only third-party verified offsets accepted. Info
- Baseline Year can be:
- Based on data up to 3 years prior to joining ClimateWise. Info
Target dates and levels
- Target completion dates:
- 10 years.
- Target Checkpoints:
- Every 2 years. Info
- Reduction level(s):
- Members set reduction targets based on their unique circumstance
Timeliness for Reporting.
- Maximum time to set an emissions reduction target:
- 3 years after joining.
- Maximum time to report emissions:
- Once the baseline has been measured and the target has been set. *Annual thereafter.
An Emissions Reduction Framework that is straight forward and easy to understand.
Ensuring the program is accessible to as many organizations as possible.
Establishing meaningful and verifiable Greenhouse Gas reductions.