Home Winterproofing Program
Updated Program: Looking for homes built pre-1970
Whether you rent or own, you could qualify
Take advantage of this FREE Home Winterproofing Program, keep your home warm and comfortable all winter, and save energy.
If you qualify, you could receive:
- New insulation and draft proofing installed by experienced professionals
- Savings of up to 30% on your energy use and lower energy bills
The Home Winterproofing Program is absolutely free to all qualifying homes. Enbridge will pay for the cost of the energy efficiency improvements such as insulation and draft proofing measures.
How to Qualify
In order to qualify for this program, you must heat your home with natural gas, have a valid Enbridge Gas account number, pay your own natural gas bill and meet the following:
You must meet one of the following two conditions:
- Your household benefits from one or more of the following programs:
- Ontario Works
- Ontario Disability Support Program
- Guaranteed Income Supplement
- Allowance for Seniors
- Allowance for Survivors
- Electric Utility Home Assistance Program (HAP)
- Healthy Smiles Ontario Child Dental Program
- Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
- Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP)
|Number of Permanent Household Occupants (age 18 and over)||Total Before-Tax Annual Income of Permanent Household Occupants (age 18 and over)|
|One Occupant||$33, 618|
|Two Occupants||$41, 932|
|Three Occupants||$51, 550|
|Four Occupants||$62, 589|
|Five Occupants||$70, 987|
|Six Occupants||$80, 060|
|Seven or more Occupants||$89, 136|
To apply, download the following Enbridge Application Form, fill it out and fax to Windfall Centre at 1-289-648-4106 or email it to email@example.com
How the Program Works
All Home Energy Assessments and Upgrades are done Free of charge. There is no cost to you!
Step One: First visit
Once your application is approved, one of our helpful client services team will contact you to schedule a visit to your home.
The first visit could take up to three hours and usually includes inspection of your:
- Attic and insulation
- Wall and foundation insulation
- Ventilation system
- Building envelope
Your advisor can also suggest tips for saving energy and lowering your bills.
Step Two: Upgrades
Following your first visit, the advisor may recommend and qualify your home for upgrades that can help you save energy. Your home must achieve a minimum level of energy savings economically to qualify for the recommended upgrades. In such a case, trained contractors will return at a later date to make the upgrades to your home at no charge to you!
Possible Improvements could include:
- Professional draft-proofing: Including caulking and weatherstripping around doors and door frames, window casings, headers and baseboards, as well as attic hatches
- Insulation work: Including insulation in wood-framed wall cavities and crawl spaces, attics and basement walls
Step Three: Follow-up visit
A few weeks after the work is complete, you'll receive a second assessment of your home to measure its increased energy efficiency.
Once again, there is no charge for this visit.
Upon completion of your upgrades, you can anticipate lower energy consumption and lower monthly bills.
It's that simple!