new insulation, draft-proofing, smart thermostat
Whether you rent or own, you may qualify
Have a more comfortable home in both winter and summer
Save up to 30% on your energy use and lower your utility bills
The Home Winterproofing Program is absolutely free to all qualifying homes. Enbridge will pay for the cost of the energy efficiency improvements such as insulation and draft proofing measures. These energy efficiency measures will help keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, while lowering your energy costs!
All work done by experienced professionals
Possible improvements include:
Including caulking and weatherstripping around doors, windows, headers, baseboards, and attic hatches
including insulation in wood-framed wall cavities and crawl spaces, attics and basement walls
A convenient money-saving way to control your home's temperature
How to Qualify
In order to qualify for this program:
- For insulation and draftproofing upgrades, your home must have been built prior to 1980. Majority of homes that do qualify are found to be built prior to 1960
- For a smart thermostat upgrade, any age of home qualifies
- You must heat your home with natural gas
- You must be the Enbridge Account Holder
- You must pay your own Enbridge Gas bill
- You must be the homeowner OR the tenant with permission granted from your landlord
- You must be income eligible by meeting one of the following two conditions:
- Your household benefits from one or more of the following programs:
- Ontario Works
- Ontario Disability Support Program
- Guaranteed Income Supplement
- Allowance for Seniors
- Allowance for Survivors
- Electric Utility Home Assistance Program (HAP)
- Healthy Smiles Ontario Child Dental Program
- Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
- Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP)
- Your household income (before tax income of all household members 18 years or older) is no more than the amounts on this chart:
New for 2020: Increased allowable income:
|Number of Permanent Household Occupants (age 18 and over)||Total Before-Tax Annual Income of Permanent Household Occupants (age 18 and over)|
|Seven or more Occupants*||$92,607|
*Occupants include both adults and children. Requires proof of income documentation (ex. Notice of Assessment) for each adult (over age of 18) once your application has been reviewed.
How to Apply
You can apply online:
Just 4 simple steps to FREE energy-saving upgrades
Free Home Energy Evaluation
The Home Energy Evaluation is conducted on-site at your home and takes approximately 2–3 hours. The Energy Advisor will perform a detailed, basement to attic, audit of your house — it's energy use, systems, and building envelope. There is no charge for the evaluation.
Free Energy Saving Upgrades
Your home must be able to achieve a minimum level of energy savings in order to qualify for the program. This will be determined by the Home Energy Evaluation. If your home qualifies, experienced contractors will return at a later date to make the upgrades to your home at no charge to you!
Free Follow-up Energy Evaluation
A few weeks after the work is complete, the Home Energy Advisor will return for a follow-up evaluation of your home. This second evaluation will ensure all upgrades were completed properly and determine the new EnerGuide Rating for your house.
At no time will you be asked for money. At no time will you have to pay. The Enbridge Winterproofing Program is completely free-of-charge for qualifying homes.
If you have any questions, call us toll free at: