New for May 1, 2019
Home Energy Conservation Program is now the Home Efficiency Rebate
*Minimum of 10% natural gas savings per project is no longer required!
Get up to $5,000 back
When you complete 2 or more energy-saving upgrades
Need a new furnace?
Complete a second qualifying upgrade, like installing an energy efficient hot water heater, and receive $750 back for your new furnace and an additional $200 for the water heater. Or do some air-sealing and get the $750 dollars back for the furnace and up to $150 for the air-sealing.
Key Home Efficiency Rebate Highlights
As of May 1, 2019
- Minimum of 10% natural gas savings per project no longer required to be achieved
- Tank Type & Tankless Type water heaters are to be ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Tankless Type water heater EF increased from 0.82 EF to 0.90 EF
- Minimum percentage area now required for all insulation upgrades (20%)
- Attic insulation baseline increased to R35 or less where participant is required to achieve at least R60
- Wall Insulation incentive bucket introduced for adding at least R20 to building
- Homes with less than 2x4 wall structure are exempt from R12 wall insulation minimum with photo documentation of wall structure (applicable in homes with double or triple brick with no 2x4)
*These changes are not retroactive and will pertain to all participants with initial assessments completed May 1, 2019 and beyond.
Get even more back when you complete more than 2 upgrades
- Complete 3 upgrades and receive an additional $250 total
- Complete 4 upgrades and receive an additional $500 total
- Complete 5 upgrades and receive an additional $750 total
To participate in the Enbridge Home Efficiency Rebate you must meet the following requirements:
- Live in a detached house, semi-detached house or row townhouse.
- The residence must be heated by natural gas
- The residence must be in the Enbridge Gas Franchise Service Area.
- You must complete an energy assessment both before and after renovations take place.
- You must complete at least two (2) eligible renovations/upgrades.
This program requires both a pre and post upgrade EnerGuide Home Energy Evaluation. The total cost of the two evaluations is $600 + HST. Once you have successfully completed both evaluations, you will receive $550 back to cover the home evaluation cost. This is included as part of your total Enbridge incentive cheque.
How to Get Your Incentives
IN JUST 3 STEPS: MONEY BACK AND A MORE EFFICIENT HOME
Call Windfall Home Energy at 1-866-280-4431 to pre-qualify your home. Our home energy experts will pre-qualify you over the phone and arrange for your (pre-upgrade) Home Energy Evaluation with a Registered Energy Advisor. The evaluation will take approximately 2–3 hours and your energy advisor will provide you with a written report and clearly explain all your incentive options.
Successfully complete at least 2 qualifying upgrades. Your energy advisor will provide advice on which combination of upgrades will provide the best savings. When using a contractor for upgrades, we recommend getting at least three quotes before making a decision.
Complete the post-upgrade Home Energy Evaluation within 120 days of your initial pre-upgrade evaluation. Call Windfall Home Energy to arrange for your post-upgrade evaluation. The post-upgrade evaluation takes 1-2 hours. We will then submit your paperwork to Enbridge and you will receive your incentive cheque by mail, from Enbridge, within 8–12 weeks.
If you have any questions, call us toll free at: