The 14th Annual Windfall Ecology Festival
Held over two days in June, the Windfall Ecology Festival is open free of charge to the public and is York Region's largest Environmental & Energy Conservation Exposition!
Since its inception in 2001 the Windfall Ecology Festival has provided a premier outdoor event where people are informed, get involved, find products, learn about services and are entertained by people who care about the environment.
In its twelve year history, Windfall Ecology Festival has developed an unequalled base of public and private sector support and is a mainstay on the York Region calendar of events, bringing thousands of people to Fairy Lake Park in Newmarket.
Through over 200 dynamic exhibits, stimulating entertainment, performers and speakers Windfall Ecology Festival fosters public awareness about opportunities for environmental change. It spurs people to take the initiative in making their homes, businesses and communities more ecologically advanced and environmentally sound, while encouraging meaningful activation and participation.
A modern and realistic approach to environmental issues
- To point out the problems, discuss the solutions and to praise the achievements of those who are successfully addressing the issues
- To promote awareness of local and global environmental issues
- To showcase products, services, technology, programs and research that can make our lives more environmentally friendly
- To have a dynamic event with multiple environmental education opportunities and practical solutions
- To integrate environmentally responsible choices into day to-day lifestyle