- 1 large seedless watermelon
- 1 1/2 cups of lemon and/or lime juice (this is approximately 6/7 lemons or limes)
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves (swap the mint for basil or add both!)
- 1/2 cup of ice (optional)
- Large knife and cutting board
- Carefully chop watermelon into large chunks.
- Add watermelon and fresh herb(s), and freshly-squeezed lemon and/or lime juice into a blender – blend!
- Once you've reached the desired consistency, pour into a pitcher and chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- To enjoy immediately, add ice cubes.
Recipe source: Lulu Cohen-Farnell, founder of Real Food for Real Kids. As a real food advocate, speaker and fooducator, Lulu loves to share ideas on the magic of food, health and physical activity.