Makes 20 balls
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconu
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup any nut you have on hand, my original recipe has walnuts but I often use almonds
- 1/2 cup grated carrots (only pre-grate if you have to, some food processors will do the work for you!)
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds (aka hemp hearts) or plant-based protein powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (only required if your protein powder doesn't contain vanilla)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Food processor
- Baking sheet
- Reserve 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded coconut in a shallow dish for rolling.
- Place remaining ingredients in a high-powered food processor (you won't have to pre-shred the carrots if you have a high power processor) and process until fully combined.
- Form mixture into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls and roll in reserved shredded coconut, coating balls completely. Transfer to a baking sheet and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Keep chilled, or freeze in an airtight container for a few months (though I guarantee they won't last that long).
- Enjoy 1 or 2 as a snack or dessert.
Recipe and photo source: Joyous Health