Serves/makes how many
- 1.5 cups sliced mushrooms (crimini or button)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 x 398 ml can organic BPA-free chickpeas, drained and washed
- 1 cup chickpea flour (brown rice or quinoa flour will work too)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (I added in an extra handful)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Food processor
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Saute onions and mushrooms in oil until tender.
- Using your food processor, add chickpeas, chickpea flour, cumin, chili powder, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, sea salt and black pepper. Blitz until well blended.
- Add mushrooms and onions, blitz again until blended.
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of mix and form into balls. Don't worry if they are sticky and don't form into perfect balls. Mine didn't :)
- Bake for 30 minutes. At 15 minutes flip them. I used a spatula and flattened them a bit so they weren't such a wonky shape.
Recipe and photo source: Joyous Health