Serves 1 - 2 people
- ½ cup ragi flour (even puttu flour works well)
- 1 cup water
- Salt as needed
- Stir in salt, 1 tbsp. flour into 1 cup water and bring it to a boil.
- Allow the mixture to boil rapidly.
- Add the rest of the flour.
- Set the pot aside, away from the stove and stir well to prevent any lumps.Put it back on the stove and cook until it thickens. Scrape off the sides and get the dough to the center of the pot.
- Cover and cook on a low flame for about 2 to 3 minutes, make sure you are not burning it.
- Take the pot off the stove and let the dough rest for few minutes. Keep the pot covered since it still gets cooked.
- When the temperature comes down, grease or rinse your palms and roll the dough to balls. Serve with any dal or gravy curry.
Always have an adult help you when handling hot items.