Windfall's Youth Internship Programs
Helping young people begin their working careers is an important element in building sustainable communities. Windfall’s York Rangers program links the three pillars of sustainability (social, economic, and environmental) by providing an opportunity for young people facing barriers to employment to develop the broad range of skills, knowledge and work experience they need to prepare for work in the increasingly important environmental sector of the economy.
Participants develop both basic and advanced employability skills and are in a better position to succeed in their working careers as a result of the program. The program has three streams for young people interested in careers related to environmental health and protection.
- To help York Region youth enter the labour market through a transitional internship program where they can develop new skills, apply existing skills, develop legitimate work experience, and expand their network for future employment.
- To create a long-term community service that will increase the capacity of community organizations (in all sectors) to deliver environmental programs within their areas of influence.
- To fill an identified need for trained environmental technicians in an emerging growth sector.
- Canada Summer Jobs
- Career Focus
- YMCA Youth Eco Internships
- Lake Simcoe Stewardship Rangers
- Youth Opportunities Program-New Green Leaders