Registered Energy Advisor – Full-time, Part-time, Contract or Training Position
Job Title: Registered Energy Advisor
Position Type: Full-time, part-time, contract positions available
Location: Toronto, York, Durham, Peel (Ontario)
Remuneration: Please Inquire
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Home Energy Program Manager
Windfall Ecology Centre is a non-profit social enterprise dedicated to building sustainable communities. Working at the nexus of climate, energy, and water, we research, design, and deliver innovative climate change solutions. Our record of accomplishment includes achievements in public policy, residential energy efficiency, renewable energy, electric mobility, water protection and leadership development.
Windfall Ecology Centre is a licensed Service Organization under Natural Resources Canada and is a leader in developing Energy Conservation Solutions for homes and businesses. We deliver services to communities within Ontario that focus on assisting others to become active in the reduction of greenhouse gas production. We do this by advocating for home and business energy conservation initiatives, including energy audits, low-income retrofit programs, water conservation technologies and incentive programs.
Positions are open in Toronto, Peel Region, York Region and Durham Region to maximize residential energy efficiency and related environmental impacts.
Who is a Registered Energy Advisor?
A Registered Energy Advisor is an expert in home energy efficiency and Building Science who helps homeowners make informed decisions about energy upgrades and retrofits. Energy Advisors are registered by Natural Resources Canada to deliver the EnerGuide Rating System for new homes and existing homes.
As a Registered Energy Advisor, your position will be:
- to conduct comprehensive and precise energy assessments for a house, in accordance with Natural Resources Canada and utility company standards, assess the home's energy efficiency and provide the homeowner with information on how to increase energy efficiency and information on program requirements.
- proficiency with computers and technology, numeracy, report writing, high attention to detail, strong problem-solving abilities, and an ability to communicate effectively with others.
- be expected to work independently, with daily travel, to a variety of locations, to perform a full range of evaluation activities, including preparing time-sensitive reports.
You must also be computer literate, climb a ladder, enter crawlspaces, carry weight up to 50lbs, have a valid G license and vehicle, have post-secondary education, and have good communication skills in English.
Equipment, mileage and assignments will be provided.
ideal candidate has a passion for working in the field of climate science and energy efficiency, enjoys data analysis, is an enthusiastic professional, and can build relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
This individual must have above-average communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to work with all types of people and think outside the box to solve challenges.
- Registered Natural Resources Canada Energy Advisor, in good standing
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Computer literate math skills are essential
- Proven results on delivery of performance objectives and quality targets
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-management and time management
- Flexible working hours, occasional evenings and weekends are required
- Able to climb a ladder, enter crawlspaces, lift to 50lbs
- Criminal Record Check required
- Valid G drivers’ licence, personal vehicle required
- Eligible to work in Canada
Benefits of working with Windfall Ecology Centre:
- Full-Time, part-time, salary or contract positions available, training options
- Receive all assignments, no need to self-market
- Be part of a team and directly impact program direction by supporting strategic work and fulfilling our community and environmental objectives
- Develop a network of connections in the environmental and energy efficiency sector
- Develop hands-on experience working with career professionals in the growing field of energy efficiency
Please click the button below– Fill out the application and upload your resume and cover letter to the specific position you are interested in applying for.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.