Up to $5000 Grants
For home energy upgrades
Full details still to be announced
Updated March 9, 2021
Windfall Home Energy took part in a web-meeting with Natural Resources Canada in regards to this program on March 9, 2021. What we know so far is listed below.
Further program details are to be outlined in a follow-up web-meeting in the
coming months. Windfall will be part of that meeting.
Sign-up to receive our news bulletins announcing all the program details as they become available.
What we know so far
- Home energy upgrade grants of up to $5,000 will be available
- The grants will cover a range of energy efficiency upgrades, including improving the building envelope through insulation measures, heat pumps for heating and cooling, and renewable energy
- It is not known, at this time, if window upgrades will be part of the program
- The initiative is available to homeowners retroactive to December 1, 2020
- A pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide Home Energy Evaluation is required
- The Home Energy Evaluation must be performed by a Natural Resources Canada Registered Energy Advisor
- The program will cover the cost of the Home Energy Evaluation
- The number of grants available nation-wide will be capped at 700,000
Retroactive to December 1, 2020
To be eligible for retroactive payment, you must:
- Have an EnerGuide Home Energy Evaluation performed by a Natural Resources Canada Registered Energy Advisor prior to starting the upgrades
- Keep all copies of invoices for the Home Energy Evaluations
- Document your home energy upgrades
- Have dated estimates and invoices for all subsequent work completed
- Dated before and after photos will also be required